Pashko A.Y., Bushma K.M., Borisenok O.A., Bushma M.I.
Structural and functional disturbances in the liver of rats with cholestasis and their correction by means of the combination of taurine with zinc diaspartate
Education Establishment "Grodno State Medical University", Republic of Belarus
The purpose of the study is to evaluate the hepatoprotective properties of the combination of taurine with zinc diaspartate («taucin») in rats with cholestatic liver damage. In experiments on 24 mongrel male rats it has been shown that the common bile duct ligation within 13 days is accompanied by the appearance of areas of the liver parenchyma necrosis, porto-portal fibrosis, leukocyte infiltration and proliferation of cholangioles; inhibition in hepatocytes of SDH (succinate dehydrogenase) and LDH (lactate dehydrogenase); increase in the plasma activity of ALAT (alanine aminotransferase), AST (aspartate aminotransferase), GGT (s-glutamyltranspeptidase) and ALP (alkaline phosphatase), the content of total bilirubin and its fractions. «Taucin» (taurine - 50 g/mol; 6,25 g + zinc diaspartate - 1 g/mol; 0,35 g) introduced into the stomach in the dose of 0,5 g/kg/day during 11 days has hepatoprotective action. The structure of the liver improves (areas of necrosis are not revealed, the severity of porto-portal fibrosis and leukocyte infiltration reduces, the density of cholangioles increases), inhibited metabolic processes (SDH, LDH) in hepatocytes are activated, biochemical markers of hepatotoxicity in plasma improve (the activity of ALAT and AST, GGT and ALP, the content of total bilirubin and its fractions dicrease).
Key words: rats, cholestasis, «tauсin», hepatoprotective action.
1. Badretdinova AR. Analiz vozrastno-polovoi struktury bol'nykh zhelchekamennoi bolezn'iu, idushchikh na planovuiu kholetsistektomiiu [The analysis of age and sexual structure of the patients with zhelchekamenny illness going on a planned cholecystectomia]. Prakticheskaia meditsina. 2011;(50):60.
2. Rosa H, Parise ER, Paranhos FR, Braga AL, Freitas AS, Hidalgo AN, Mor MB. Controlled production of cirrhosis in the rat liver. Arq Gastroenterol. 1991 Jan-Mar;28(1):39-43.
3. Harada H, Kitazaki K, Tsujino T, Watari Y, Iwata S, Nonaka H, Hayashi T, Takeshita T, Morimoto K, Yokoyama M. Oral taurine supplementation prevents the development of ethanol-induced hypertension in rats. Hypertens Res. 2000 May;23(3):277-84.
4. Truong-Tran AQ, Carter J, Ruffin RE, Zalewski PD. The role of zinc in caspase activation and apoptotic cell death. Biometals. 2001 Sep-Dec;14(3-4):315-30.
5. Pirs E. Gistokhimiia teoreticheskaia i prikladnaia [Histochemistry theoretical and applied]. Moscow, RF: Inostrannaia literatura; 1962. 962 р.
6. Kamyshnikov VS. Kliniko-laboratornaia diagnostika zabolevanii pecheni [Kliniko-laboratornaya diagnosis of diseases of a liver]. Moscow, RF: MEDpress-inform; 2013. 96 р.
7. Rebrova OYu. Statisticheskii analiz meditsinskikh dannykh. Primenenie paketa prikladnykh programm STATISTICA [Statistical analysis of medical data. Application of a package of the applied STATISTICA programs]. Moscow, RF: MediaSfera; 2002. 312 р.
8. Ito S, Satoh J, Matsubara T, Shah YM, Ahn SH, Anderson CR, Shan W, Peters JM, Gonzalez FJ. Cholestasis induces reversible accumulation of periplakin in mouse liver. BMC Gastroenterol. 2013 Jul;13:116.
9. Andreev GN, Borisova NA, Kashaeva MD, Kadyrbaev RV, Mukhamedzhanov GK. Mekhanicheskaia zheltukha neopukholevoi etiologii. Patogeneticheskie aspekty, gomeostaticheskie narusheniia. Lechebno-diagnosticheskaia taktika [Mechanical icterus of not tumoral etiology. Pathogenetic aspects, homeostatic disturbances. Medical and diagnostic tactics]. Veliky Novgorod, RF; 2004. 120 р.
10. Manovitskaia AV. Clinical effects of application of taurines in patients with metabolic syndrome. Vopr Pitan. 2011;80(3):57-61.