Basalay O.N., Kravchuk R.I., Bushma К.M., Mikhalchuk E.Ch., Zimatkin S.M., Sheybak V.M.
Cytoprotective effect of taucine in rats with the damage of nephron glomeruli with corrosive sublimate
Education Establishment "Grodno State Medical University", Republic of Belarus
The aim of this investigation was to study the cytoprotective action of the combination of taurine with zinc diaspartate (taucine) on the damaged with corrosive sublimate glomeruli of nephrons in rats. The experiments have been conducted on 42 mongrel male rats. Sublimate was administered intraperitoneally in a dose of 0,1 mg/kg/day during 14 days. Taucine (20 g/mole of taurine – 2,5 g and 1 g/mole of zinc diaspartate – 0,35 g) was introduced into the stomach in the form of a solution of macromolecules in starch in a dose of 500 mg/kg simultaneously with sublimate once a day. Cytoprotective action of taucine concerning podocytic cells of renal corpuscles in cortical nephrons (CN) has been revealed. It increases the lowered volume of capsular cavity (by 50%), the quantity of cytopodia (by 25%) and decreases the increased intrapeduncular spaces (by 50%), thickness of basal membrane (by 22%). As a result the function of the kidney improves judging by the increase in the secretion of urea (by 38%), creatinine (by 32%), clearance of creatinine (by 56%); polyuria manifestations decrease. In the mechanism of this cytoprotective action of taucine the binding properties of taurine concerning sublimate play their role, promoting its excretion. It is an intracellular osmoregulator and an antioxidant. Zinc as a cofactor is a component of more than 200 enzymes of the intracellular metabolism disturbed with sublimate, including superoxiddismutase, which neutralizes cytotoxic superoxid-anion.
Key words: rats; damage of nephrons glomeruli with sublimate, combination of taurine with zinc diaspartate, cytoprotective action.
1. Lash LH, Putt DA, Zalups RK. Influence of exogenous thiols on inorganic mercury induced injury in renal proximal and distal tubular cells from normal and uninephrectomized rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1999 Nov;291(2):492-502.
2. Zalups RK. Molecular interactions with mercury in the kidney. Pharmacol Rev. 2000 Mar;52(1):113-43.
3. Mozheyko LA. Klassicheskie metody okraski v gistologii [Classical methods of coloring in a histology]. V: Zimatkin SM, red. Metody issledovaniia v gistologii. Grodno, RB: GrGMU; 2010. р. 23–34.
4. Kamyshnikov VS. Spravochnik po kliniko-biokhimicheskoi laboratornoi diagnostike [Reference book on kliniko-biochemical laboratory diagnostics]: v 2 t. T. 1. 2-e izd. Minsk, RB: Belarus'; 2000. 495 р.
5. Watson ML. Staining of tissue sections for electron microscopy with heavy metals. J Biophys Biochem Cytol. 1958 Jul;4(4):475-8.
6. Rebrova OYu. Statisticheskii analiz meditsinskikh dannykh. Primenenie paketa prikladnykh programm STATISTICA [Statistical analysis of medical data. Application of a package of the applied STATISTICA programs]. Moscow, RF: MediaSfera; 2002. 312 р.
7. Nefedov LI. Taurin: biokhimiia, farmakologiia, meditsinskoe primenenie [Taurine: biochemistry, pharmacology, medical application]. Grodno, RB; 1999. 140 р.
8. Truong-Tran AQ, Carter J, Ruffin RE, Zalewski PD. The role of zinc in caspase activation and apoptotic cell death. Biometals. 2001 Sep-Dec;14(3-4):315-30.