Osmolovsky A.N.*, Shevtsova V.V.**, Antonenko R.V.**
The peculiarities of the postanesthetic period in patients with extensive abdominal operations
*Education Establishment "Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University", Republic of Belarus
**Institution of Public Health "Vitebsk City Clinical Emergency Hospital", Republic of Belarus
Compensatory and adaptive mechanisms in the postanesthetic period in some cases turn out to be inadequate to such an extent that lead to the development of complications of various systems of the body. The criteria of adequacy and recovery from anesthesia are stable indices of vital physiological functions, the restoration of protective reflexes, muscle tone and the ability to exercise commands.
The aim of the research was to identify key indicators of the restoration of the cardiovascular, respiratory, central nervous system functions in patients with extensive abdominal operations in the postanesthetic period.
178 patients with extensive abdominal operations were examined. All patients were divided into 3 groups. The first group included 76 patients who received combined anaesthesia (fentanyl, izoflûran, pipecuronium bromide); the second group consisted of 50 patients with intravenous anesthesia with ketamine; the third group comprised 52 patients with intravenous anesthesia with propofol. All surgical interventions were performed under conditions of artificial lung ventilation.
In the postanesthetic period hemodynamics, respiratory support, acid-base equilibrium indices were studied, the state of the consciousness and muscle tone was evaluated. It has been found that in patients having undergone the operation under the combined anesthesia and the intravenous one with propofol the fastest postanesthetic functions restoration is observed. In case of the combined anesthesia and the intravenous one with propofol the remaining myoplegia is the limiting factor of the restoration and after intravenous anesthesia by means of ketamine - slow awakening.
Key words: postanesthetic period, anesthesia.
1. Saltanov AI, Davydov MI, Kadyrova EG, Boshkoev ZhB. Rannee postnarkoznoe vosstanovlenie [Early postanesthesia recovery]. Moscow, RF: VITAR-M; 2000. 127 р.
2. Bunyatyan AA, Riabov GA, Manevich AZ. Anesteziologiia i reanimatologiia [Anesthesiology and Intensive Care]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 2002. 510 р.
3. Barash PD, Kullen BF, Stelting RK. Klinicheskaia anesteziologiia [Clinical anesthesiology]. Moscow, RF: Meditsinskaia literatura; 2004. 592 р.
4. Bunyatyan AA, Mizikov VM, Babalian GV, Borisov EO. Ratsional'naia farmakoanesteziologiia [Rational farmakoanesteziologiya]: ruk. dlia praktikuiushchikh vrachei. Moscow, RF: Litterra; 2006. 800 р.
5. Kichev GS, Sanakoev ISh, Ivanov AV, Durnev AE, Dulov PV. Total'naia vnutrivennaia anesteziia pri operativnykh vmeshatel'stvakh v abdominal'noi khirurgii [Total intravenous anesthesia at operative measures in abdominal surgery]. Vestnik intensivnoi terapii. 1998;(4 pril):22-3.
6. Atallah MM, el-Mohayman HA, el-Metwally RE. Ketamine-midazolam total intravenous anaesthesia for prolonged abdominal surgery. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2001 Jan;18(1):29-35.
7. Kattsung BG. Bazisnaia i klinicheskaia farmakologiia [Basic and clinical pharmacology]: v 2 t. T. 2. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Nevskii Dialekt; 2000. 670 р.
8. Markushin IM, Nikitin ES, Zatevakhina MV, Veselova YuV. Kliniko-diagnosticheskie kriterii dlia ekstubatsii bol'nykh posle kardiokhirurgicheskikh vmeshatel'stv [Clinicodiagnostic criteria for extubation of patients after cardiac interventions]. Vestnik intensivnoi terapii. 2001;(2):79-82.
9. Atlee JL. Complications in anesthesia. 2nd edition. Saunders; 2007.
10. Zabolotskikh IB, Malyshev YuP. Optimizatsiia anesteziologicheskogo obespecheniia slozhnykh dlitel'nykh operatsii v briushnopolostnoi khirurgii [Optimization of anesthesiology ensuring difficult long operations in bryushnopolostny surgery]: (posobie dlia vrachei). Krasnodar, RF; 1996. 25 р.
11. Zilber EK, Bogdanets AI. Posleoperatsionnaia dykhatel'naia nedostatochnost': respiratornyi indeks riska, ranniaia diagnostika i reabilitatsiia [Postoperative respiratory failure: respiratory index of risk, early diagnostics and aftertreatment]. Vestnik intensivnoi terapii. 2005;(4):17-22.
12. Moroz VV, Neverin VK, Galushka SV, Ostapchenko DA, Vlasenko AV, Shishkina EV. Klinicheskaia otsenka kislorodnogo dolga u bol'nykh s poliorgannoi nedostatochnost'iu [A clinical assessment of an oxygen debt at patients with a multiorgan failure]. Anesteziologiia i reanimatologiia. 2000;(6):29-34.
13. Levite EM, Bobrinskaya IG, Uklonsky AN. Metody korrektsii arterial'noi gipoksemii v rannem posleoperatsionnom periode [Methods of correction of an arterial anoxemia in the early postoperative period]. Anesteziologiia i reanimatologiia. 2003;(3):10-2.