Konevalova N.Y., Shchupakova A.N.
The peculiarities of immune and lipidtransport systems functioning in patients with atherosclerosis of abdominal aorta and its unpaired visceral branches
Education Establishment "Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University", Republic of Belarus
The peculiarities of immune and lipidtransport systems functioning in 100 patients with atherosclerosis of abdominal aorta and its unpaired visceral branches, clinical manifestation of which was chronic abdominal ischemia, have been studied.
The interrelation of the functioning of the immune system and lipidtransport system in patients with chronic abdominal ischemia caused by atherosclerosis has been determined. It is manifested in the peculiarities of cellular, non-specific humoral links of immunity in different types of dyslipidemia.
There is a direct correlation dependence between the total cholesterol content of blood serum and the number of total T-lymphocytes, CD4 cells, CD8 cells, LDL cholesterol and the quantity of total T-lymphocytes, CD4 cells, CD8 cells and a negative correlation dependence between the content of total cholesterol and phagocytic number. The given tendency remains in persons with the large and small content of total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol in blood serum. The decreased intensity of absorbing activity of neutrophiles has been found that manifests itself in the reduction of phagocytic index and the increase of phagocytic killing; this may testify to the presence of chronic persistent infection in patients with atherosclerosis of abdominal arteries, clinical manifestation of which is chronic abdominal ischemia..
Key words: immunity, lipidtransport system, atherosclerosis, chronic abdominal ischemia.
1. Koenig W. Atherosclerosis involves more than just lipids: focus on inflammation. Europ Heart J. 1999;1:19-26.
2. Munro JM, Cotran RS. The pathogenesis of atherosclerosis: atherogenesis and inflammation. Lab Invest. 1988 Mar;58(3):249-61.
3. Novikov DK. Patologiia sistemy immuniteta [Pathology of system of immunity]. Moscow, RF: Natsional'naia akademiia mikologii; 2003. 368 р.
4. Khaitov PM, Pinegin BV. Sovremennye podkhody k otsenke osnovnykh etapov fagotsitarnogo protsessa [Modern approaches to an assessment of the main stages of phagocytic process]. Immunologiia. 1995;(4):3-8.
5. Golovskoy BV, Shavrin AP. Pokazateli kletochnoi aktivnosti u prakticheski zdorovykh lits, imeiushchikh integral'nye faktory riska serdechno-sosudistykh zabolevanii [Indicators of cellular activity at almost healthy faces having integrated risk factors of cardiovascular diseases]. Klinicheskaia meditsina. 1999;(12):27-9.
6. Dotsenko EA, Yupatov GI. Vzaimosviaz' sistemy immuniteta i sistemy transporta lipidov [Interrelation of system of immunity and system of transport of lipids]. Dostizheniia meditsinskoi nauki Belarusi. 2003;Vyp VIII:112.
7. Linnanmäki E, Leinonen M, Mattila K, Nieminen MS, Valtonen V, Saikku P. Chlamydia pneumoniae-specific circulating immune complexes in patients with chronic heart disease. Circulation. 1993 Apr;87(4):1130-4.
8. Saikku P, Leinonen M, Mattila K, Ekman MR, Nieminen MS, Mäkelä PH, Huttunen JK, Valtonen V. Serological evidence of an association of a novel Chlamydia, TWAR, with coronary heart disease and acute myocardial infarction. Lancet. 1988 Oct;2(8618):983-6.
9. Oynotkinova OSh, Nemytin YuV. Ateroskleroz i abdominal'naia ishemicheskaia bolezn' [Atherosclerosis and abdominal ischemic disease]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 2001. 312 р.
10. Novikov DK, Novikova VI. Otsenka immunnogo statusa [Assessment of the immune status]. Moscow, RF; Vitebsk, RB; 1996. 244 р.
11. Novikov DK, Novikov PD, Yanchenko VV. Metody opredeleniia T- i V-limfotsitov diagnostikumami na osnovanii monoklonal'nykh antitel (instruktsiia na metod) [Methods of determination of T - and V-lymphocytes diagnosticums on the basis of monoclonal antibodies (the instruction on a method)]. Immunologiia, allergologiia, infektologiia. 2000;(2):31-3.