The character of changes in the population and subpopulation composition of the peripheral blood lymphocytes and Toll-receptors expression on the cells of patients with chronic generalized periodontitis of the 1st-2nd degree of severity, associated with parasitic invasions
Kharkov National Medical University, Kharkov, Ukraine
Vestnik VGMU. 2016;15(1):93-98.
The aim of this research was to study the nature of changes in the population and subpopulation composition of the peripheral blood lymphocytes and TOLL-receptors expression on the immunocompetent cells in patients with chronic generalized periodontitis (CGP) of the 1st-2nd degree of severity associated with parasitic invasions (enterobiasis, toxocariasis, giardiasis).
Immunological studies were conducted in 540 patients with CGP of the 1st-2nd degree of severity with parasitoses (main groups). The comparison group consisted of 90 CGP patients of the 1st-2nd degree of severity without parasitoses, the control group included 30 people without periodontal diseases and any chronic pathology of other organs and systems. It was found out that in periodontitis of the 1st severity degree, there was a tendency towards the reduction in the number of CD3+ - and CD4+ - lymphocytes, while in periodontitis of the 2nd severity degree we observed a significant (p<0,05) decrease in the number of CD3+- and CD4+-cells and in patients with periodontitis of the 1st-2nd degree of severity there was a significant increase in the number of CD95+-cells, increase of Th2-cells portion and imbalance in Th1/Th2-cells ratio, T-lymphocytes proliferative activity decrease, compared to the individuals from the control group. The investigation of TOLL-receptors (TLR) showed that in patients with CGP of the 1st severity degree associated with parasitoses, and mostly in patients with CGP of the 2nd severity degree associated with parasitoses, both the number of the peripheral blood monocytes, expressing TLR-2 and TLR-4, and density of their expression were reduced, compared to the control group and patients with CGP of the 1st-2nd degree of severity without parasitoses. The number of T-lymphocytes of the peripheral blood, expressing TLR-2 and TLR-1 remains within the norm.
The revealed peculiarities in the population and subpopulation composition of the peripheral blood lymphocytes and the TOLL-receptors expression indicate that the immune status of CGP patients with parasitoses differs from that of CGP patients without parasitoses, and the identified peculiarities in immunoreaction exert influence on the nature and severity of periodontitis.
Key words: chronic generalized periodontitis, parasitoses, lymphocytes, Toll-receptors.
1. Patrusheva MS, Mikhalchenko VF, Yakovlev AT. Rol' sochetannogo opredeleniia tsitokinovogo profilia i aktivnosti fermentov desnevoi zhidkosti v diagnostike parodontita legkoi stepeni tiazhesti [A role of the combined definition of a cytokine profile and activity of enzymes of gingival fluid in diagnostics of a periodontal disease of mild severity]. Vest novykh med tekhnologii. 2012;19(3):124-5.
2. Armitage GC. Analysis of gingival crevice fluid and risk of progression of periodontitis. Periodontol 2000. 2004;34:109-19.
3. Yarilin AA. Immunologiia [Immunology]: uchebnik. Moscow, RF: GEOTAR-Media; 2010. 752 р.
4. Brondz BD. T-limfotsity i ikh retseptory v immunologicheskom raspoznavanii [T-lymphocytes and their receptors in immunologic recognition]. Moscow, RF: Nauka; 1987. 471 р.
5. Petrov RV, Pinegin BN. Immunodiagnostika immunodefitsitov [Immunodiagnosis of immunodeficiencies]. Immunologiia. 1997;(4):4-7.
6. Evtushenko SK. O formirovanii neirogennogo immunodefitsita u detei, perenesshikh perinatal’nuiu patologiiu mozga[About formation of a neurogenic immunodeficiency at the children who had perinatal pathology of a brain]. Pediatriia Zhurn im GN Speranskogo. 1989;(7):70-5.
7. Dambaeva SV, Mazurov DV, Klimova SV, Bakhus GO, Yarilin AA, Pinegin BV. Otsenka osnovnykh parametrov immunnoi sistemy s pomoshch'iu protochnoi lazernoi tsitometrii [An assessment of key parameters of immune system by means of flowing laser cytometry]. Allergologiia i immunologiia. 2002;3(3):371-9.
8. Shutg X. Reaktsiia blasttransformatsii limfotsitov [Reaction of a blasttransformation of lymphocytes]. V: Frimel G, red. Immunologicheskie metody. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1987. Р. 294-302.
9. Zaretskaya YuM. Klinicheskaia immunogenetika [Clinical immunogenetics]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1983. 208 р.
10. Gmurman VE. Teoriia veroiatnostei i matematicheskaia statistika [Probability theory and mathematical statistics]: ucheb posobie dlia vuzov. Moscow, RF: Vyssh obrazovanie; 2007. 480 р.
11. Glants S. Mediko-biologicheskaia statistika [Medicobiological statistics]. Moscow, RF: Praktika; 1999. 459 р.
12. Lakin GF. Biometriia [Biometry]: ucheb posobie dlia studentov biol spetsial'nostei vuzov. Moscow, RF: Vyssh shk; 1990. 352 р.