Klymenko A.V., Bilai A.I., Klymenko V.N.
The evaluation of the treatment results of the patients with inguinal hernia by the method of extraperitoneoscopic hernioplasty
Zaporozhye State Medical University, Zaporozhye, Ukraine
Vestnik VGMU. 2016;15(3):33-39.
The frequency of hernia repair in the surgical hospital makes up 10-25% of all surgical interventions and is the second most common surgery in the world. Among the abdominal wall hernias inguinal ones, which make up 65-80% of the total are the most common. More than 400 ways of inguinal hernias plasty have been developed, but despite this, the number of postoperative complications and patients’ life quality are the problems of modern herniology. Considering the socio-economic aspects endoscopic methods of plasty are more preferable. Rational choice of the method of inguinal hernia plasty remains urgent and requires rational approach to solving this problem. The purpose of this work was to improve the results of inguinal hernias treatment by applying total extraperitoneoscopic hernioplasty (TEP-repair). The analysis of the treatment of 67 patients with the implementation of TEP-repair has been made. An algorithm of diagnosis and the choice of operation method for patients with unilateral and bilateral inguinal hernia has been elaborated. The proposed technique with the use of non-fixed polypropylene mesh implant is characterized by the absence of chronic pain syndrome in the near and long-term periods, favourable immediate results without lethal outcomes and with minimal number of complications. In the long-term period there are no recurrences of inguinal hernia, no complications on the side of the adjacent organs. High indices of life quality according to special questionnaire Eura HS-QoL data have been noted.
Key words: inguinal hernia, hernioplasty, surgical treatment.
1. Nichitaylo ME, Buli II. Laparoskopicheskaia gernioplastika v lechenii slozhnykh i retsidivnykh pakhovykh gryzh [Laparoscopic hernioplasty in treatment of difficult and recurrent inguinal hernias]. Ukraїn Zhurn Khіrurgії. 2011;(2):57-9.
2. Simons MP, Aufenacker T, Bay-Nielsen M, Bouillot JL, Campanelli G, Conze J et al. European Hernia Society guidelines on the treatment of inguinal hernia adult patients. Hernia. 2009 Aug;13(4):343-403.
3. Zhdanovskiy VV, Darvin VV. Sovremennye tekhnologii v reshenii problemy lecheniia pakhovykh gryzh [Modern technologies in a solution of the problem of treatment of inguinal hernias]. Vestn Novgorod Gos U-ta Ser Med Nauki. 2014;(7):53-8.
4. Goo TT, Lawenko M, Cheah WK, Tan C, Lomanto D. Endoscopic total extraperitoneal repair of recurrent inguinal hernia: a 5-year review. Hernia. 2010 Oct;14(5):477-80.
5. Grubnik VV, Bugridze ZD, Vorotyntseva KO. Ispol'zovanie novykh konstruktsii setok pri laparoskopicheskom lechenii pakhovikh grizh. Sravnitel'noe issledovanie [The use of new designs of grids with laparoscopic inguinal grizh. Comparative study]. Klіnіchna khіrurgіia. 2011;(7):42-5.
6. Wijerathne S, Agarwal N, Ramzi A, Liem DH, Tan WB, Lomanto D. Single-port versus conventional laparoscopic total extra-peritoneal inguinal hernia repair: a prospective, randomized, controlled clinical trial. Surg Endosc. 2016 Apr;30(4):1356-63.
7. Muysoms F, Campanelli G, Champault GG, DeBeaux AC, Dietz UA, Jeekel J et al. EuraHS: the development of an international online platform for registration and outcome measurement of ventral abdominal wall hernia repair. Hernia. 2012 Jun;16(3):239-50.
8. Dzyubanovskiy ІYa, Pyatnochka VІ, Polyatsko KG, Dmitrіv OV. Otsіnka iakostі zhittia patsієntіv pіslia rіznikh tipіv pakhovikh gernіoplastik [Assessment of quality of life of patients after various types inguinal hernioplasties]. Ukraїn Zhurn Khіrurgії. 2011;(5):34-8.
Information about authors:
Klymenko A.V. – Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor of the Chair of Faculty Surgery of Zaporozhye State Medical University, Ukraine;
Bilai A.I. – postgraduate of the Chair of Faculty Surgery of Zaporozhye State Medical University, Ukraine;
Klymenko V.N. – Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor, head of the Chair of Faculty Surgery of Zaporozhye State Medical University, Ukraine.