Fedzianin S.D., Buyanova S.V.
The method for stimulation of wound healing
Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus
Vestnik VGMU. 2017;16(5):62-67.
The authors have developed the method for treating extensive and sluggish wounds, based on the autotransplantation of bone marrow aspirate.
In the operating room under the local anesthesia with a I.A. Kassirsky needle sternal puncture was conducted and red marrow was aspirated. The curettage of the wound with a Folkman spoon was performed. The bone marrow aspirate, containing autologous stem cells was applied to the wound surface. The gauze wipes were put over it. The procedure was carried out once during the transition of the 1st phase of the wound process to the 2nd one.The wound area was determined according to the methods of L.N. Popova (1942) and A.N. Lyzikov et al. (2008). The identification of microorganisms was carried out with the help of test-systems on the automated biochemical analyzer ATB Expression of the firm «bioMerieux». Dissemination of the wound surface was determined by the method of V.E. Rodoman.
Patients underwent surgical treatment with the excision of necrotic tissues. Antibacterial therapy was carried out using the empirical therapy protocols, developed for the department of proctology. Medicinal treatment was aimed at improving the rheological properties of the blood, local microcirculation and tissue trophism.
Local treatment of the wounds was carried out according to modern principles of purulent wounds treatment. We used: antiseptics (septomyrin, mucosanin, dioxidine, iodiskin, 3% hydrogen peroxide solution), ointments («Mekol», «Povidone-iodine», «Reparef-2», «Metiluratsil», «Gentamycin»), the gel «Septomirin-gel», the medical dressing «VAP-gel».
As a part of clinical trials the method was applied in 5 patients with extensive and sluggish wounds of various origin and localization, who were treated at the department of proctology of the State Public Health Establishment «Vitebsk City Central Clinical Hospital» in the period from 2015 to 2017. The positive results were received.
Key words: purulent wound, red marrow, surgical infection.
1. Bagnenko SF, Baybarina EN, Beloborodov VB, Belotserkovskiy BZ, Belykh AN, Buslaeva GN, i dr. Sepsis: classification, clinicodiagnostic concept and treatment. 4-e izd dop i pererab. Moscow, RF: Meditsinskoe informatsionnoe agentstvo; 2017. 406 с. (In Russ.)
2. Gel’fand BR, Kubyshkin VA, Kozlov RS, Khachatryan NN. Surgical infections of a skin and soft tissues: ros nats rekomendatsii. 2-e pererab i dop izd. Moscow, RF; 2015. 109 р. (In Russ.)
3. Efimenko NA, Novozhilov AA, Knorring GYu. Systemic enzymotherapy in purulent surgery. Ambulatornaia Khirurgiia Statsionarozameshchaiushchie Tekhnologii. 2005;(3):51-5. (In Russ.)
4. Yakovleva SV, Sidorenko SV, Rafal’skogo VV, Spichak TV, red. Strategy and tactics of rational use of antimicrobial agents in out-patient practice: Euroasian clinical references. Moscow, RF: Pre100 Print; 2016. 144 р. (In Russ.)
5. Dryuk NF, Kirimov VI. The revascularizing operations at an obliterating lesion of arteries of an anticnemion and foot at patients with a chronic critical ischemia of the lower extremities. Klіn Khіrurgіia. 2007;(5-6):48-9. (In Russ.)
6. Fedorov VD, Sarkisov DS, Tumanov VP, Glushchenko EV. Use of the cultivated fibroblasts at skin combustions. Vrach. 1993;(11):26-8. (In Russ.)
7. Tret’yak SI, Baranov EV, Volotovskiy ID, Lobanok ES, Vasilevich IB. Treatment method with use the autologichnykh of mesenchymal stem cells from fatty tissue at patients with trophic ulcers: instruktsiia po primeneniiu № 093-0911: utv M-vom zdravookhraneniia Resp Belarus’ 18.11.2011 g. Minsk, RB; 2011. 9 р. (In Russ.)
8. Dryuk NF, Kirimov VI, Barna IE, Dmitrenko IP, Shkuropat VN. Use the autologichnykh of aspirates and also the multipotentnykh the stromalnykh of cells of marrow and fatty tissue in vascular surgery. Klіn Khіrurgіia. 2012.;(1):24-9. (In Russ.)
9. Grin’ VK, Shtutin AA, Popandopulo AG, Basatskiy AV, Varshaver PL. Autografting the stromalnykh of stem cells in treatment of obliterating diseases of arteries of the lower extremities. Vestn Neotlozh Vosstanov Meditsiny. 2010;11(4):512-3. (In Russ.)
Information about authors:
Fedzianin S.D. – Candidate of Medical Sciences, associate professor of the Chair of Hospital Surgery with the courses of Urology & Pediatric Surgery, Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University;
Buyanova S.V. – Candidate of Biological Sciences, associate professor of the Chair of General & Clinical Biochemistry, Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University.