The evaluation of professional qualification of the pharmaceutical faculty graduates from the position of competence approach
The aim of this study was to develop criteria for assessing the level of the acquired professional competence with the specification of special competences of a pharmacist on the basis of the analysis of pharmaceutical education system during the transition to the state educational standard of higher education of the third generation.
The obtained results have shown that the teacher remains the key figure in the educational process. All the problems and all the achievements of modern pedagogical practice are concentrated in him/her. It is he/she who is the principal conductor of the competence approach into the educational process. A teacher-pharmacist should possess formed special competence enabling him/her to solve professional problems of the pharmaceutical education. The training of a future specialist depends on his/her «professional energy», knowledge and skill to impart it. Therefore, pedagogical training is one of the problems that are always urgent. It is naturally reflected in the views on the system of teachers professional training.
Educational technologies (methods to generate competencies) and methods to evaluate the level of the formation of these competencies (evaluation tools) are inseparably connected aspects of instruction, which should guide the student in the required direction.
As a result of the conducted research a model to calculate the number of the credit units as a criterion for evaluation of the professional qualification of the pharmaceutical faculty graduates was developed. In our opinion, the presence of digital expression of the level of graduates’ professional qualification will become the main criterion at a job placement, and therefore will serve as a great educational incentive to both students’ class-room work during the whole period of study at the university and professional self-education.
Key words: competence approach, professional competence, competitiveness.
1. The Bologna Declaration. Joint Declaration of the Europian Ministers of Education Convened in Bologna on the 19th of June 1999. Bologna, Italy; 1999. 10 р.
2. Franco M. Bologna process and EU-Russian Relation. Moscow: Russian Political Science Association; 2004.
3. Towards the European Higher Education Area : сommunique of the Meeting of European ministers in Charge of Higher Education in Prague, Prague, May 19, 2001 [Elektronnyi resurs]. Rezhim dostupa: http://www.ehea.info/Uploads/Declarations/PRAGUE_COMMUNIQUE.pdf.
4. Nyborg P. The Bologna Process on the Way to Bergen. In the book: Kazan State University 200-th Anniversary Events, 2004 Nov 15-19.
5. Shishov SE, Agapov IG. Kompetentnostnyi podkhod v obrazovanii: prikhot' ili neobkhodimost' [Competence-based approach in education: fad or a necessity]? Standarty i monitoring v obrazovanii. 2002;(2):58-62.
6. Grishanova NA. Kompetentnostnyi podkhod v obuchenii vzroslykh [Competence approach in adult education]: materialy k tret'emu zasedaniiu metodologicheskogo seminara 28 sentiabria 2004 g. Moskow, RF: Issledovatel'skii tsentr problem kachestva podgotovki spetsialistov; 2004. 16 р.
7. Zimniaia IA. Kliuchevye kompetentnosti kak rezul'tativno-tselevaia osnova kompetentnostnogo podkhoda v obrazovanii [Key competence as a productive and target basis of competence-based approach in education]. Moskow, RF: Issledovatel'skii tsentr problem kachestva podgotovki spetsialistov; 2004. 40 p.
8. Baidenko VI, Dzherri vann Zantvort, Bianka Eneke. Formirovanie sotsial'nogo dialoga i partnerskikh sviazei obrazovaniia, organov upravleniia i samorazvitiia, professional'nykh ob"edinenii i predpriiatii [Formation of social dialogue and partner communications of education, governing bodies and self-development, professional associations and enterprises]: doklad 4, aprel' 2001 g. Moskow, RF: Issledovatel'skii tsentr problem kachestva podgotovki spetsialistov; 2001. 120 p.
9. Baidenko VI. Bolonskii protsess [The Bologna Process]: kurs lektsii. Moskow, RF: Logos; 2004. 208 р.
10. Baidenko VI, Dzherri vann Zantvort. Modernizatsiia professional'nogo obrazovaniia: sovremennyi etap [Modernization of professional education: present stage]. 2-e izd., pererab. i dop. Moskow, RF: Issledovatel'skii tsentr problem kachestva podgotovki spetsialistov; 2003. 674 р.
11. Baidenko VI, red. Bolonskii protsess: seredina puti [Bologna process: Midway]. Moskow, RF: Issledovatel'skii tsentr problem kachestva podgotovki spetsialistov; 2005. 379 р.
12. Bolotov VA, Serikov VV. Kompetentnostnaia model': ot idei k obrazovatel'noi programme [Competence model: from the idea to the educational program]. Pedagogika. 2003;(10):8-14.