Asmolovskiy A.V., Shamatkova S.V.
The peculiarities of teaching operative surgery and topographic anatomy at the present stage
Smolensk State Medical University, Smolensk, Russian Federation
Vestnik VGMU. 2019;18(5):114-119.
With the use of the old educational system, it is not interesting for a modern student to study; it is difficult for him/her to think, communicate, analyze, memorize and acquire the medical theoretical and practical knowledge imparted. One lecturer has on an average 28-30 students. In addition, there is often a lack of coherence and consistency in the study of medical disciplines in modern curricula. We propose to structure the educational process in such a way that to make the course of topographic anatomy immediately follow the course of normal anatomy and serve as a bridge to the study of clinical disciplines; to use the methods of distance learning and control of the acquired knowledge to prepare for the current classes, which will allow to free time for advanced analysis of the topics studied; to conduct all classes only in cycles with the mandatory virtual and real-time sectional courses; to study the skele - and holotopy based on the examples of propedeutics of surgical and internal diseases, and syntopy – on the basis of situational clinical tasks solving. All of the above mentioned will significantly increase the interest of the students in the study of topographic anatomy and operative surgery, it will create motivation and lay the foundation for clinical thinking.
Key words: teaching, operative surgery, topographic anatomy, virtual sectional course.
1. Artyukhina AI, Getman NA, Golubchikova MG, Lopanova EV, Rabochikh TB, Rybakova NI. Competency-based training at a medical university: ucheb-metod posobie. Omsk, RF: Poligraf tsentr KAN; 2012. 198 р. (In Russ.)
2. Surovtseva TI. Traditions and modernity in the development of higher education in Russia of the 21st century (on the 10th anniversary of the signing of the Bologna Declaration). V: Meditsinskoe obrazovanie–2013: sb tez IV Obshcheros konf s mezhdunar uchastiem, Moskva, 4–5 apr 2013 g. Moscow, RF; 2013. P. 490-2. (In Russ.)
3. Amirova VR. Innovative technologies in the improvement of a specialist in a medical university. V: Podgotovka vrachej i provizorov v uslovijah reformirovanija professional’nogo obrazovanija: materialy konf. Ufa, RF; 2013. Р. 62-4. (In Russ.)
4. Arabidze GG, Kudentsova SI. Trends in the development of assessment and competencies in the core disciplines of medical specialties of higher professional education. Med Obrazovanie Prof Razvitie. 2012;(2):57-64. (In Russ.)
5. Bondarenko EV. The formation of the professionally-subjective position of a medical student: the role of a teacher. V: Medicinskoe obrazovanie–2013: sb tez IV Obshheros konf s mezhdunar uchastiem, Moscow, 4–5 apr 2013 g. Moskva, RF; 2013. Р. 73-5. (In Russ.)
6. Bush E. The formation of the professionally-subjective position of a medical student: the role of a teacher [Jelektronnyj resurs]. Med Gazeta. 2018;7 marta(9). Rezhim dostupa: http://www.mgzt.ru/n-9-ot-7-marta-2018-g/informatsionnaya-intoksikatsiya. Data dostupa: 13.09.2019. (In Russ.)
7. Kochubey AV, Konanykhina AK, Zimina EV, Gatsura OA, Navarkin MV. Innovative model of training and continuous professional development of healthcare professionals [Elektronnyi resurs]. Sovremen Problemy Nauki Obrazovaniia. 2015;(2, ch 1). Rezhim dostupa: http://science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=17158. Data dostupa: 04.10.2019. (In Russ.)
8. Gumenyuk SE, Sidel’nikov AYu. Non-standard forms of integrated training and the formation of professional competencies. V: Medicinskoe obrazovanie–2013: sb tez IV Obshheros konf s mezhdunar uchastiem, Moscow, 4–5 apr 2013 g. Moskva, RF; 2013. Р. 135-6. (In Russ.)
9. Kurshev VV. A new educational medical space is the most important factor in the preparation of a competent specialist. V: Medicinskoe obrazovanie–2013: sb tez IV Obshheros konf s mezhdunar uchastiem, Moskva, 4–5 apr 2013 g. Moscow, RF; 2013. Р. 280-2. (In Russ.)
10. Mel’nikova IYu, Romantsov MG. Doctors training: new pedagogical paradigms. V: Podgotovka vrachej i provizorov v uslovijah reformirovanija professional’nogo obrazovanija: materialy konf. Ufa, RF; 2013. Р. 11-3. (In Russ.)
11. Mel’nikova IYu, Romantsov MG. Features of medical education and the role of a university teacher in the educational process at the present stage. Mezhdunar Zhurn Jeksperim Obrazovanija. 2013;(11-2):47-52. (In Russ.)
12. Romantsov MG, Shamsheva OV, Mel’nikova IYu. Modernization of medical education by including elements of constructive pedagogy in the educational process. Det Infektsii. 2015;14(1):55-9. (In Russ.)
13. Romantsov MG, Grebenyuk TB, Sologub TV, Shul’dyakov AA, Danilenkova GG. Using the methods of constructive pedagogy in the implementation of the Bologna Declaration in the training of future doctors. Zdravoohranenie Rossijskoj Federacii. 2011;(1):32-5. (In Russ.)
Information about authors:
Asmolovskiy A.V. – Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor of the Chair of Operative Surgery & Topographic Anatomy, Smolensk State Medical University;
Shamatkova S.V. – Candidate of Medical Sciences, associate professor, head of the Chair of Operative Surgery & Topographic Anatomy, Smolensk State Medical University.