Morphological preconditions for the development of cerebral circulation disorders
Educational Establishment «Belarusian State Medical University», Minsk, Republic of Belarus
Vestnik VGMU. 2016;15(2):44-51.
Objectives. Тo determine the morphological patterns of the arterial circle of the human cerebrum (circle of Willis), contributing to the development of cerebral circulation disorders.
Material and methods. Macroscopically, histologically, histochemically, immunohistochemically and morphometrically the circle of Willis in 467 dead humans, whose cause of death is not associated with cerebral circulation disturbances as well as the data of computerized tomography in 100 people with this pathology have been studied.
Results. Variations of Willis circle, such as the combined type of several non-classic variations of arteries within the circle, aplasia of both (or one) posterior communicating arteries, posterior trifurcation of the interior carotid artery have been found in people with cerebrovascular disease most often (by 8-21%), which allows us to include them into the risk factors.
Conclusion. The formation and growth of intimal thickening in the places of vascular branching of the circle of Willis, and the gradual thinning of the tunica media under them is a manifestation of atherogenesis and can lead to the disorders of cerebral circulation.
Key words: cerebrum, circle of Willis, arteries, disorders of cerebral circulation.
1. Markin SP, Gorbunov AB. Chastota zadnei trifurkatsii vnutrennei sonnoi arterii u bol'nykh tserebrovaskuliarnymi zabolevaniiami [Frequency of a back trifurkation of an internal carotid at patients with cerebrovascular diseases]. IX Vseros s"ezd nevrologov: materialy. Yaroslavl, RF; 2006. Р. 439.
2. Fedorov OO, Gorbunov AB. Stroenie arterial'nogo kruga bol'shogo mozga cheloveka pri tserebrovaskuliarnykh rasstroistvakh [A structure of an arterial circle of a big brain of the person at cerebrovascular disorders]. Chelovek i lekarstvo: materialy XIV Ros nats kongr, Moskva, 16-20 apr 2007 g. Moscow, RF; 2007. Р. 146.
3. Hoksbergen AW, Legemate DA, Csiba L, Csáti G, Síró P, Fülesdi B. Absent collateral function of the circle of Willis as risk factor for ischemic stroke. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2003;16(3):191-8.
4. Medvedev YuA, Zabrodskaya YuM. Bolezn' sochlenenii myshechnykh segmentov villizieva kruga – platsdarm dlia vozniknoveniia bifurkatsionnykh anevrizm mozga [Illness of joints of muscular segments of a villiziyev of a circle – the base for developing of bifurcation aneurisms of a brain]. Aktual'nye voprosy obshchei i patologicheskoi anatomii: sb nauch tr. Saint-Petersburg, RF; 1999. Р. 23-5.
5. Motavkin PA, Chertok VM. Gistofiziologiia sosudistykh mekhanizmov mozgovogo krovoobrashcheniia [Gistofiziologiya of vascular mechanisms of a cerebral circulation]. Moscow, RF: Meditsina; 1980. 198 р.
6. Shormanov SV, Yaltsev AV, Shormanov IS, Kulikov SV. Strukturnye osobennosti polipovidnykh podushek arterii i ikh znachimost' v reguliatsii regionarnoi gemodinamiki [Structural features of polypiform pillows of arteries and their importance in a regulation of a regionarny hemodynamics]. Astrakhan Med Zhurn. 2007;2(vyp 2):210-1.
7. Rekhter MD, Gordon D. Active proliferation of different cell types, including lymphocytes, in human atherosclerotic plaques. Am J Pathol. 1995 Sep;147(3):668-77.
8. Korzhevskiy DE. Kratkoe izlozhenie gistologicheskoi tekhniki dlia vrachei i laborantov-gistologov [A summary of histological equipment for doctors and laboratory assistants histologists]: monografiia. Saint-Petersburg, RF: Krof; 2005. 48 р.