The Order of Review and Publication
Manuscripts of scientific articles submitted to the editorial office of the journal are registered, undergo initial examination, are checked by the “Anti-Plagiarism” system and pass through the reviewing.
1. The primary examination is carried out by the responsible secretary. At the initial examination, the accompanying documents are examined; the correspondence of the scientific article to the profile of the journal, the rules of registration and the requirements established by the editorial office of the journal are assessed; the manuscript is checked for the availability of borrowings by means of the "Anti-plagiarism" system. When identifying unauthorized borrowings, as well as in case of not sufficient originality of the text, the editorial board operates in accordance with COPE rules.
If the manuscript of a scientific article corresponds to the profile of the journal, to the established rules and requirements, it is accepted by the editorial board and sent for review, in case of non-compliance, the article is rejected without further review.
2. Manuscripts are reviewed by independent experts. Review helps the editor-in-chief and the editorial board when deciding whether to publish the article, and it can help the author to improve his work.
The reviewer is appointed by the editor-in-chief (deputy editor-in-chief) of the journal from members of the editorial board. Leading specialists of the Republic of Belarus and the CIS countries with a scientific degree can also be invited as reviewers. If necessary, additional reviewers who are specialists in certain areas may be appointed. All reviewers are recognized experts on the subject of materials under review and have publications on review topics over the past three years. The review is conducted on the principle of "double-blind review" (the author and reviewer do not know each other's names). The review period is 1 month.
Reviewers submit to the editorial office a review in which the relevance of the completed studies, the completeness and reliability of the information presented, the degree of novelty of the results, their scientific and practical significance, economic and social value, as well as substantiated conclusions about the article as a whole, observations, and, if necessary, recommendations for improving it should be presented.
The original reviews are kept in the editorial office for five years. At the request of the expert councils, the editorial office provides copies of the reviews to the Higher Certification Commission of the Republic of Belarus, the Higher Attestation Commission of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, etc.
3. The editorial staff must send reviews to the authors of manuscripts in electronic or written form without specifying the name of the expert who performed the review. Authors have the right to indicate in the cover letter the names of those specialists who, in their opinion, should not be send the manuscript for review because of possible, as a rule, professional conflict of interests. This information is strictly confidential and is taken into account by the editorial staff when arranging the review.
4. The author must submit a corrected manuscript to the editorial office within one month, which is sent for re-review then. After obtaining a positive opinion of the reviewers, the final decision on the appropriateness of publication is taken by the editorial board. In case of disagreement with the opinion of reviewers, the author has the right to provide a reasoned response to the editorial staff of the journal, which will be reviewed by the editorial board. Inability or unwillingness of the author to take into account the reasoned comments and recommendations of reviewers is the basis for rejecting the article from further consideration.
In disputable cases, an article may be sent for review to an additional reviewer. At the meeting of the editorial board, when deciding whether to admit the article, all reviews obtained and the author's answers are considered. In case of obtaining three negative reviews, the manuscript is no longer considered by the editorial board.
5. A positive review is not a sufficient basis for publication of the article. The final decision on the appropriateness of publishing an article is taken by the editorial board of the journal. After the editorial board decides to admit the article to publication, the executive secretary informs the author about it and specifies the terms of publication. In case of refusal to publish the article, the editorial board sends a motivated refusal to the author.
6. The editorial staff reserves the right to reduce the published materials and adapt them to the columns of the journal. The edited text of the article prepared for printing is sent to the authors for approval in PDF format by e-mail. The author’s corrections and confirmation must be received by the editorial office within 5 days. At the end of this period, the editors consider that the authors have approved the text.
7. The articles are published in order of their receiving, taking into account the terms of completion of the manuscripts by the authors after the review. Out of turn, scientific articles of post-graduate students of the last year of study are published (including the articles prepared by them in co-authorship), provided they fully meet the requirements for scientific publications of the journal.
Advertising articles, as well as the articles financed by manufacturing firms and / or their distributors, are not accepted for consideration.
The authors are sent an electronic copy of the published article in PDF format.
The main reasons for refusal to publish a manuscript
- Discrepancy of the manuscript to the subject of the journal.
- Presenting the results that do not contain new scientific knowledge.
- Rough methodological errors, indicating lack of professionalism, but not a failure of researchers.
- Absence of correct statistical analysis of results.
- Non-compliance with authorship, plagiarism, self-plagiarism, falsification of data.
- Not-compliance with ethical requirements of the journal.