Karpuk I.Y.*, Glushanko V.S.*, Varganov V.V.**
Medico-organizational reserves for increasing the efficiency of stomatologic aid for patients with intolerance to dental materials
*Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus
**Vitebsk Regional Dental Polyclinic, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus
Vestnik VGMU. 2017;16(1):102-110.
Scientific work aimed at the development and introduction of methods of efficiency enhancement of stomatologic aid to patients with intolerance to dental materials was begun in 2009 on the initiative of the head doctor of Vitebsk Regional Dental Polyclinic (the order of Public Health Institution «Vitebsk Regional Dental Clinic» No. 274-a of 03.12.2009 «On measures for improving the diagnosis and treatment of patients with intolerance to dental materials» with involvement (by agreement) of the staff members of the Educational Establishment «Vitebsk State Medical University»).
The research objective was to implement the program of improving the stomatologic aid for patients with intolerance to dental materials and to evaluate its efficiency.
For the first time in the Republic of Belarus and among the CIS countries the program of the stomatologic aid for patients with intolerance to dental materials has been developed and realized.
During the period of its implementation:
– monitoring of cases of dental materials intolerance was organized;
– allergologic examination of patients with intolerance to dental materials was organized;
– diagnostic methods which allow to considerably reduce the time of revealing the stomatologic reasons of intolerance to dental materials were introduced;
– controlled treatment of patients with intolerance to dental materials exclusively on the basis of the decision of a consultation (working group) and with the guaranteed ensuring of all necessary experts consultations was organized, besides the initially low efficiency of patients’ treatment because of their insufficiently deep and un-co-ordinated examination was significantly increased;
– teaching the fundamentals of allergology to dentists was arranged at the Chair of Clinical Immunology & Allergology with the course of the Faculty for Advanced Training & Retraining of Vitebsk State Medical University;
– the system to monitor cases and assess the actions aimed at the improvement of the stomatologic aid to patients of Vitebsk region who complain of intolerance to dental materials was created.
Key words: dental materials, intolerance, program, stomatologic aid.
1. Naumovich SA, Titov PL. The characteristic of humoral factors of immunity at patients with complaints to adverse effect of dental alloys. Sovremen Stomatologiia. 2005;(1):48-51. (In Russ.)
2. Lebedev KA, Mitronin AV, Ponyakina ID. Intolerance of dentoprosthetic materials. Moscow, RF: Librokom; 2010. 208 р. (In Russ.)
3. Titov PL. Organism sensibilization assessment to ions of in vivo metals at persons with alleged adverse local effect of dental alloys. Belorus Med Zhurn. 2004;(4):89-92. (In Russ.)
4. Scalf LA, Fowler JFJr, Morgan KW, Looney SW. Dental metal allergy in patients with oral, cutaneous, and genital lichenoid reactions. Am J Contact Dermat. 2001 Sep;12(3):146-50.
5. Merget R, van Kampen V, Braning T. Immediate type allergies due to metal compounds: platinum salts. Pneumologie. 2003;57(10):606-11.
6. van Kampen V, Merget R, Brüning T. Immediate type allergies due to metal – nickel. Pneumologie. 2003 Nov;57(11):667-70. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-2003-44261
7. Velichko LS, Yashchikovskiy NV. Differential diagnostics, prophylaxis and treatment of hyperesthesias of an oral cavity. Sovremen Stomatologiia. 2012;(1):34-6. (In Russ.)
8. Karpuk IYu. Use Vaselinum - a lanolin basis for diagnostics of an allergy to nickel. Vestn VGMU. 2015;14(4):50-6. (In Russ.)
9. Karpuk IYu, Novikov DK. Detection of an allergy and a hypersensitivity to salts of metals by determination of level of potassium ions in stomatic liquid. Immunopatologiia Allergologiia Infektologiia. 2016;(3):21-30. (In Russ.)
10. Novikov DK, Novikov PD, Karpuk IYu, Lazarenko LL, Smirnova OV, Alyakhnovich NS. Transbuccal method for the diagnosis of allergy to increase the peroxidase activity in saliva. Immunopatologiia Allergologiia Infektologiia. 2015;(4):35-43. (In Russ.)
11. Karpuk NA, Karpuk IYu. Diagnosis of Allergy to metal products in the reaction allergeninduced damage of leukocytes. Med Novosti. 2012;(6):75-6. (In Russ.)
12. Karpuk NA, Karpuk IYu. Analysis of the diagnosis results of Allergy to metals by various methods in vitro and in vivo. Vestn VGMU. 2012;11(2):133-42. (In Russ.)
Information about authors:
Karpuk I.Y. – Candidate of Medical Sciences, associate professor, doctoral candidate of the Сhair of Clinical Immunology &Allergology with the course of the Faculty for Advanced Training & Retraining, Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University;
Glushanko V.S. – Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor, head of the Chair of Public Health & Health Service, Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University;
Varganov V.V. – head doctor of Vitebsk Regional Dental Polyclinic.