Lollini V.A.*, Naumenko A.A.**
Non-statistical approaches to the analysis of cardiac rhythm
*Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus
**Vitebsk State Technological University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus
Vestnik VGMU. 2017;16(1):44-49.
Currently used methods of statistical analysis of cardiac rhythm do not fully take into account the influence and importance of «random» events, arrhythmias, such as extrasystole. Meanwhile, not numerous ventricular extrasystoles may be a predictor of serious heart diseases. Therefore, in our opinion, there are reasonable grounds to involve different approaches to the study of the adequacy of the cardiovascular system functioning and, in particular, the parameters of the heart rate. The analysis of the dynamic systems stability, as the cited studies have shown, may be consistent with the objectives of the research of threatening arrhythmias. Such analysis may be performed using the time series parameter values of any system having a sufficient level of reflection completeness of this system properties being of interest to us. Therefore, the proposed approach is quite universal.
The conducted studies show that the assessment of the stability of the cardiovascular system by means of the analysis of the phase space state allows to see the dynamics features that make visible differences in the major integral properties of the system that are inaccessible with the statistical approach.
Key words: arrhythmia, extrasystole, mathematical treatment of rhythm, stability analysis of dynamic systems.
1. Fedotov AA, Akulov SA. Mathematical modeling and analysis of errors of measuring converters of biomedical signals. Moscow, RF: Fizmatlit; 2013. 282 р. (In Russ.)
2. Ardashev AV, Loskutov AYu. Practical aspects of modern methods of the analysis of variability of a cordial rhythm. Moscow, RF: Medpraktika-M; 2010. 127 р. (In Russ.)
3. Nikolis G, Prigozhin I. Exploring complexity. Moscow, RF: Mir; 1990. 342 р. (In Russ.)
4. Tompson DzhMT. Instabilities and catastrophes in science and engineering. Moscow, RF: Mir; 1985. 254 р. (In Russ.)
5. Krasnov LA, Oleynik VP. Monitoring and analysis of heart rhythm. Technical means of electronic and computer diagnostics in medicine: ucheb posobie. Kharkov, Ukraine: Nats aerokosm un-t im NE Zhukovskogo Khar’k aviats in-t; 2014. 84 р. (In Russ.)
Information about authors:
Lollini V.A. – Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor of the Chair of Internal Medicine No.1, Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University;
Naumenko A.A. – Candidate of Technical Sciences, associate professor of the Chair of Standardization, Vitebsk State Technological University.