Grynchak V.A., Sychik S.I., Vlasenko E.K., Il’yukova I.I.
The cumulative properties peculiarities of the plasticizer for polymers of diisononyl phthalate in an experiment on white rats
Scientific-Practical Centre of Hygiene, Minsk, Republic of Belarus
Vestnik VGMU. 2017;16(6):79-84.
In the subchronic experiment toxic properties of a new plasticizer for polymers of diisononyl phthalate were studied on oral administration of 100, 1000 and 10,000 mg/kg doses to male white rats. During the two-month experiment, the death of animals and external manifestations of intoxication were absent, the increase in their body weight did not differ from that of the control. Functionally, the cumulative properties of the phthalate under study were manifested by the disturbance in the functioning of the nervous system, registered by the decreased motor activity of rats in the «open field» installation. The disturbance of the structure of the liver, kidneys and the spleen manifested itself in an increase of their relative mass coefficients. The effect of diisononyl phthalate was characterized by the damage of the liver functioning, in particular the nucleic acids exchange, as indicated by the increased levels of gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase and uric acid in the blood serum of rats. The increased activity of serum α-amylase indicated the involvement of the pancreas in the pathological process. The study of the microelements content of the blood serum revealed the presence of shifts in the mineral metabolism of phosphorus, calcium and iron, a significant decrease of the latter, was probably the reason for the reduction in a number of indicators of the red blood sprout. Among hematologic indices, an increase in the total number of platelets and the average platelet volume was also noted in the absence of changes in the leukocyte formula. The state of the urinary system of experimental rats was characterized on the whole by decreased levels of metabolites against the background of an increase in daily diuresis and urea clearance. On the part of the indicators of the generative function of male rats with exposure to phthalate in the studied doses range no changes were revealed.
Key words: diisononyl phthalate, subchronic toxicity, laboratory animals, nervous system, biochemical parameters, male gonads.
1. Grynchak VA, Sychik SI. Actual problems of the safe handling of diisononyl phthalate. Tr Belorus Gos Un-ta Fiziol Biokhim Molekuliar osnovy funktsionirovaniia biosistem. 2016;11(ch 2):36-46. (In Russ.)
2. Grynchak VA. The relevance of toxicolo-hygienic assessment of diisononyl phthalate as a chemical disrupts the endocrine system. V: Sbornik materialov Shkoly molodykh uchenykh «Osnovy zdorovogo pitaniia i puti profilaktiki alimentarno-zavisimykh zabolevanii», (g Moskva 23-25 noiab 2016). Moscow, RF; 2016. Р. 66-71. (In Russ.)
3. Kagan YuS, Stankevich VV. The coefficient of cumulation as a quantitative criterion. V: Aktual'nye voprosy gigieny truda, promyshlennoi toksikologii i professional'noi patologii v neftianoi i neftekhimicheskoi promyshlennosti: tez dokl nauch konf. Ufa, RF; 1964. Р. 48-9. (In Russ.)
4. Speranskiy SV. About the benefits of increasing the current ability of white mice to the summation of subthreshold impulses. Farmakologiia Toksikologiia. 1965;(1):123-4. (In Russ.)
5. Guide for the care and use of laboratory animals / Institute of laboratory animal resourcens commission on life sciences research council. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1996.
Information about authors:
Grynchak V.A. – postgraduate, associate research officer of the Preventive & Ecological Toxicology Laboratory, Scientific-Practical Centre of Hygiene;
Sychik S.I. – Candidate of Medical Sciences, associate professor, director of the Republican Unitary Enterprise, Scientific-Practical Centre of Hygiene;
Vlasenko E.K. – Candidate of Biological Sciences, research officer of the Preventive & Ecological Toxicology Laboratory, Scientific-Practical Centre of Hygiene;
Il’yukova I.I. – Candidate of Medical Sciences, head of the Preventive & Ecological Toxicology Laboratory, Scientific-Practical Centre of Hygiene.