Kuhach V.V., Shabunin Y.S.
Research of the reasons for calling in emergency medical care teams to the pharmacies of Vitebsk city during 2016-2018
Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University, Vitebsk, Republic of Belarus
Vestnik VGMU. 2020;19(3):112-118.
The article is devoted to the analysis of the reasons for calling in emergency medical care (EMC) teams to Vitebsk pharmacies during the period from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2018. The results of the work are based on archival data obtained at the medical institution «Vitebsk First Aid Station». The study revealed that during 3 years first aid station received 242 calls from 151 Vitebsk pharmacies of the first, second and fifth categories; 37 (15.29%) calls were classified as emergent and 205 (84.71%) as urgent. The causes of the calls were diseases and conditions assigned to 13 classes in accordance with the International Statistical Classification of Diseases of the tenth revision (ICD-10). The majority of these calls were due to diseases of the circulatory system, mental disorders and behavioral disorders, fainting and injuries of different severity. Medical aid on the spot was provided to 97 (40.08%) pharmacy visitors; 116 (47.93%) of them were transported to hospitals; 29 (11.98%) calls were in vain. Conclusions have been made about the necessity to develop algorithms of actions for the pharmaceutical workers to provide emergency medical care to pharmacy visitors and to take measures aimed at prevention of ineffective calls of EMC teams to pharmacies.
Key words: ambulance (emergency) medical care, pharmacy, causes of calls, ambulance team.
1. Vasilevich NV, Platoshkin EN, Popkov DV. Comparative evaluation of performance indicators of the ambulance service for servicing the population of Gomel and the Gomel region, factors affecting its effectiveness. Problemy Zdorov’ia Ekologii. 2009;(3):140-4. (In Russ.)
2. Beysenbaeva ZhM, Konovalov OE. Characteristics of emergency medical care for patients with a cardiological profile in the South Kazakhstan region. Issledovaniia Praktika Meditsine. 2017;4(3):128-33. (In Russ.)
3. Tsyganov YuN, sost. Rescue medical training: ucheb posobie. Ulyanovsk, RF: UVAU GA; 2008. 150 р. (In Russ.)
4. Koziev MP, Gorbacheva SM. Justification of the concept of the «golden hour» in acute blood loss. Sibir Med Zhurn. 2011;(6):108-10. (In Russ.)
5. Lavrikova EM. Special tactical exercises in the system of improving the quality of medical support for victims of road traffic accidents. V: Meditsina: vyzovy segodniashnego dnia: materialy II Mezhdunar nauch konf (g Moskva, dek 2013 g). Moscow, RF: Buki-Vedi; 2013. Р. 4-6. (In Russ.)
6. Tarasova EN, Kuhach VV. Some Aspects of OTC Drug Delivery. Vestn Farmatsii. 2006;(1):9-18. (In Russ.)
7. Kuhach VV, Shabunin ES. Medical assistance in foreign pharmacies. V: Dostizheniia fundamental’noi, klinicheskoi meditsiny i farmatsii [Elektronnyi resurs]: materialy 75-i nauch ses VGMU (29-30 ianv 2020 g). Vitebsk, RB: VGMU; 2020. R. 593-4. 1 elektron opt disk (CD-ROM). Zagl s etiketki diska. (In Russ.)
8. Kuhach VV, Shabunin ES, Ignat’yeva EV. Problematic issues of providing emergency medical care to pharmacy visitors. Vestn Farmatsii. 2017;(1):20-9. (In Russ.)
9. Shabunin ES, Kuhach VV. Analysis of calls of emergency medical brigades to pharmacies of the city of Brest for 2015-2017. V: Dostizheniia fundamental’noi, klinicheskoi meditsiny i farmatsii [Elektronnyi resurs]: materialy 74-i nauch ses VGMU (23-24 ianv 2019 g). Vitebsk, RB: VGMU; 2019. R. 498-500. 1 elektron opt disk (CD-ROM). Zagl s etiketki diska. (In Russ.)
10. Shabunin ES. Reasons for calls of ambulance (emergency) medical care teams in pharmacies in the city of Gomel for 2016-2018. V: Aktual’nye problemy nauki XXI veka: materialy VII Vseros nauch-prakt konf studentov i molodykh uchenykh s mezhdunar uchastiem, 25-26 apr 2019 g. Smolensk, RF: SGMU, 2019. Р. 421-6. (In Russ.)
11. Kuhach VV, Shabunin ES. Comparative analysis of the requirements of regulatory legal acts in the field of healthcare for the provision of medical assistance by pharmaceutical workers in the EAEU countries. Vestn Farmatsii. 2018;(4):59-73. (In Russ.)
12. License registry [Elektronnyi resurs]. Ministerstvo zdravookhraneniia Respubliki Belarus’: [sait]. Rezhim dostupa: http://minzdrav.gov.by/ru/dlya-spetsialistov/litsenzirovanie/reestr-litsenziy/index.php. Data dostupa: 02.06.2020. (In Russ.)
13. About the organization of activities of the ambulance service: postanovlenie M-va zdravookhraneniia Respubliki Belarus’, 4 ianv 2020 g, № 2. Nats Reestr Pravovykh Aktov Resp Belarus’. 2020. № 8/35075. (In Russ.)
14. Rusanova NE. The concept of age in demography and the modern older generation. Narodonaselenie. 2013;(2):63-71. (In Russ.)
15. Belorus tsentr med tekhnologii, informatiki, upr i ekonomiki zdravookhraneniia; Zelenkevich IB, red. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Health Problems: desiatyi peresmotr: krat variant. Minsk, RB: Asar; 2001. 400 р. (In Russ.)
Information about authors:
Kuhach V.V. – Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences, associate professor, head of the Educational and Scientific-Practical Center «Pharmacy», Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University,
Shabunin Y.S. – Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences, lecturer of the Chair of Organization and Economics of Pharmacy with the course of the Faculty for Advanced Training and Retraining, Vitebsk State Order of Peoples’ Friendship Medical University,